One hospital official said at least 143 people were killed in the attack, but the death toll could rise because more bodies may be held at other clinics and hospitals across the city, which has a population of more than nine million.
President Jonathan said Boko Haram would “face the full wrath of the law”.
However, his government has repeatedly been unable to stop attacks by the group, and last week admitted that the chief suspect in the Islamists’ Christmas Day attacks on a church had escaped from police custody.
Police stations, immigration offices, government buildings and the headquarters of Nigeria’s secret police were among the targets struck on Friday night.
At least two dozen people died in the bombings, and then many more were killed as police carried out gunbattles through Kano’s streets in a chaotic mission to hunt down the attackers.
Boko Haram, which has significantly expanded its terror targets in recent months, claimed responsibility for the bombings.
A 24-hour curfew imposed on Saturday morning was eased to a dusk-to-dawn movement ban by Sunday.
Following the attacks, the Foreign Office warned British visitors to cancel trips to Kano and those already there “to remain vigilant and to exercise caution”.
“The Department for International Development and British Council have limited their operations in Kano whilst the curfew is in place,” the Foreign Office said.
It also urged British nationals in Nigeria to comply with all curfews.
William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, said the attacks had “sickened people around the world” and sent condolences to the families of those killed and injured.
“There is no place in today's world for such barbaric acts and I condemn in the strongest possible terms those who carried them out,” he said.
“These events underline the importance of the international community standing together in the face of terrorism in all its forms.”