AMA BENYIWA DOE IS A SHAME TO CENTRAL REGION: 'We Have had Hon. Jacob Arthur, Isaac Edumadze and Nana Ato Arthur since 1993, but none of them has brought shame, disunity, discord and incompetency on the Office of the Central Regional Minister than HON. MRS AMA BENYIWA DOE.'
Ever since Mrs. Ama Benyiwa Doe became the Regional Minister for our beloved region, she has brought shame and dragged the name of the most beautiful region into disrepute and the President should rein her in or remove her.
It is worth noting that even before she became minister, and as women Organizer for the NDC party, Mrs. Benyiwa Doe has always resorted to insults, personality attacks & vilification in all her political campaigns.
Quite recently, she caused a lot of disturbances to the good people of the Asebu traditional Area by attempting to stop the Omanhen of Asebu Traditional Area, Okatakyi Dr. Amenfi VII and his Council of Elders from Honoring His Excellency, President Kuffuor with a chieftaincy title OKROPON. The wickedness of this woman was put on display as she clandestinely, and necodemously delivered a Court injunction restraining the chiefs from going ahead with the festival without a justifiable cause. At the end, the chiefs won and Kuffuor was given the title OKROPON at a colorful durbar at Asebu.
It did not end there. Her Macho men have been terrorizing ordinary Citizens that criticize her poor & incompetent leadership. Notable among these includes:
• Isaac Newton Dyke, a social Commentator, who was beaten up by the Body Guards for criticizing her leadership,
• Mrs. Konadu Agyeman Rawlings, wife of the founder of NDC. who was physically manhandled by her Body Guards during her 'ASEDA TOUR' of central region in Cape coast at the town Hall,
• Alottey Jacobs, the Central Regional NDC Communication Director.
The people of Central region thought madam would learn some lessons from these but it was never to be as she continued her unacceptable behavior by insulting her political opponents including the flagbearer of the New Patriotic Party and former President Kuffuor.
She has consistently used her power and influence to abuse and disrespect most of the chiefs in our region. Quite recently, she embarked upon a tour of the Abura Asebu Kwamankese District and kept the Chiefs and people of Moree waiting from 12noon to 5pm. When she finally made it to Moree, she insulted the Chiefs for inquiring why she has kept them waiting for so long.
Again, her unguarded statement accusing Kennedy Agyepong of being the cause of the conflict between Ewes and their Fante Neighbors at Ekumfi Narkwa is shameful and must be condemned by the good people of Ghana. It shows how incompetent she is as the Regional Minister and Chairperson of the Central Regional Security Council. Her outburst is uncalled for and laced with sheer wickedness, gross disrespect for Chiefs, Crass incompetence & Arrant Arrogance not worthy of any Political Appointee.
Her Arrogance and incompetence has gone beyond the rooftops. She has sewn seeds of discord between communities, chiefs and people of most Communities in central region and the earlier she is reined in the better for the Region.
We are by this medium appealing to the powers that be to reconsider her position as the Minister of Central region.
We need peace in central region, we need development and above all, the divide and rule tactics must stop, we need a competent Regional Minister who would unify the people of the region & harness the best of our abilities for the development of our beautiful region. We are:
• the 4th poorest in Ghana,
• 1st in HIV/AIDS infections,
• 1st in malnutrition (80% of Children under 2yrs in central region are malnourished: credit: Samuel Sosi, Regional Nutritionist),
• Quite regrettably, Agro Processing factories have collapsed,
• unemployment is on the ascendency,
• nearly 43% of the population in the region are illiterates,
• low income,
• high rent rate,
• high prices of goods & Services,
• Ordinary people are suffering
• and we expect Madam to lead the region by example so together we can all contribute our quota towards the development of our Region irrespective of our political, ethnic and religious background.
This is our region, and she is our leader, we expect her to be an Asset to us not a liability.
Source: KINGSLEY KOFI KARIKARI CONSTITUENCY CHAIRMAN 0244575116/0204375116/0233575116.